Chef Nisar Tantray
After graduating from university of Kashmir in 1986, Chef Nisar went for 3 years diploma in hotel management and catering technology from National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi Started his professional career as a chef trainee for 2 years in the year 1989 with a 5 Star Hotel in India and on completion of 2 years training programme was regularized as a junior sous chef.
In his last 19 years of professional career span he worked as Sr. Sous Chef for Luxury Collection Starwood Hotels, Executive/ Head Chef for High profile international sports events like Doha Asian Games 2006 and TAJ SATS - world class air catering by TAJ GROUP OF HOTELS, Executive chef for two five star hotels and presently working as executive chef in UAE.
As Chef Nisar learned and experienced through the years in his profession, chef job means much more to him not mere cooking:
- “Chef" isn't just a job title, it's a lifestyle. It takes more than a love for food and creativity in the kitchen to be a great chef. You'll need passion and commitment. If you have the drive, you can have a successful and fulfilling career as a chef.
- Sensitive Palate – As much as a visual artist needs a good eye for color and composition, chefs need well-developed senses of taste and smell. The best chefs recognize subtle nuances in flavors. This ability allows them to explore bold new flavor combinations and make them work.
- Creativity – Truly successful chefs put their own stamp on traditional dishes and create new combinations. Creativity and a flair for experimentation are essential traits of top chefs.
- Teamwork – A harmonious meal requires cooperation in the kitchen. Whether you're working in an executive chef job, directing the whole process, or as a line cook, focusing on preparing a specific element of the meal, teamwork is essential. Executive chefs have to be able to manage workers, delegate responsibility and work closely with others.
- Determination – A chef job offers many rewards. Having a career you're passionate about that feeds people is worthwhile and satisfying. However, aspiring chefs should be prepared to work hard. A chef job may require working on evenings and weekends and spending long hours on his feet. Restaurant kitchens are fast-paced and often stressful. Successful chefs have to be dedicated to their craft in spite of some of the less glamorous aspects of the job.
- Organization – Bringing all the elements of a meal together quickly and elegantly takes preparation and organization. The ability to plan ahead will help you keep your cool in a high-pressure kitchen environment.
Important Historical Events
- Planned 170-pax sit down menu for President Putin of Russia hosted by Chamber of Commerce & Industries India in ITC Hotel Maurya Sheraton & Towers, New Delhi
- Actively involved in dinner hosted by Prime Minister of India in honor of Ex. President Bill Clinton of America in Hotel Ashok, New Delhi.
- Doha Asian Games 2006.
- Was involved in state banquets hosted by Prime Minister and President of India on almost 25 occasions.
Contribution to Print Media:
1 Hindustan Times:Dec.28,1996
2 Hindustan Times:Dec.29,2002
3 Delhi Mid DAY: August 25,2001
4 Delhi Mid Day: April 17,2001
5 Times Of India: August 10,1998
6 Free Press Journal: Jan 30,1998
7 Hindustan Times: Jan 30,1998
8 Turkey Times
9 Press Trust Of India News: Sept.16,1998
10 The Daily Mumbai : Sept.16,1998
11 Rashtriya Sahara: march 7,1997
12 Weekly Column in Greater Kashmir English Newspaper.
13. Khaleej City Times-Dubai
14. Desi Fashion Magazine vol.5